acquisition of knowledge
_____________ involves acquisition of knowledge or skills through study, instruction or
d. None of the above.
62. The three strategies that are the most common when individuals engage another party and
seek resolution are ____________.
a. compromising, competing, and collaborating
b. compromising, competing and consistency
c. creating, combining and consistency
d. creating, cost-effectiveness and collaborating
63. _____________ is a negotiation tactic which involves trading off on issues that are of different
value to each party.
64. Objective arguments are more effective than subjective arguments because they are rooted
in _____________, not perception, and are therefore more difficult to refute.
HCA 320 Essentials of Managed Care
65. BATNA stands for “Best _____________ to a Negotiated Agreement.”
66. Managers can use “____________,” as described by Sterman, to help them understand
dynamic complexity and gain insight into sources of policy resistance.
a. corporate models
b. corporate simulators
c. management models
d. management simulators
67. ____________ learning is when problem solvers adjust their behavior and work processes in
response to changing events or trends.
68. The ____________ effect is the tendency to infer specific characteristics of a person or
organization from our overall impressions or feelings about that person or organization.
69. Through _____________, innovators learn about possible action alternatives, outcome
preferences and contextual factors.
70. According to Rosenzweig, the pervasive belief that organizational innovativeness could be
replicated through a simple formulae can be attributed to observational bias known as
c. the halo effect