1. Question: (TCO 4) The Spanish who settled in Florida and New Mexico were primarily
2. Question: (TCO 1) What made Rhode Island unique?
3. Question: (TCO 4) Slave traders from the colonies
4. Question: (TCO 4) The French and Indian War was also called
5. Question: (TCO 2) At the First Continental Congress, delegates, such as Patrick Henry and John Adams, encouraged colonists to think of themselves as
6. Question: (TCO 2) In the Declaration of Independence, Jefferson refers to the natural rights due to every citizen as
7. Question: (TCO 2) Which is an advantage the British had over the Patriots at the beginning of the war?
8. Question: (TCO 1) Why was it difficult to make changes to the Articles of Confederation?
9. Question: (TCO 1) The Three-Fifths Compromise benefited _____ states.
10. Question: (TCO 3) The Corrupt Bargain of 1824 secured the presidency for
11. Question: (TCO 3) The creation of an integrated national economy became known as
12. Question: (TCO3) The bloodiest slave uprising in U.S. History was
13. Question: (TCO 3) Who led the Texans in drawing Santa Anna into a trap at the Battle of Jacinto?
14. Question: (TCO 2) Congress tried to resolve the dispute between the North and the South about slavery in the territories by
15. Question: (TCO 2) In 1856, Border Ruffians attacked
16. Question: (TCO 8) Lee’s smaller army defeated McClellan’s larger force and kept Union troops out of Richmond because
17. Question: (TCO 8) Which of the following characterizes Sherman’s march across Georgia?
18. Question: (TCO 10) Many immigrants came to the U.S. to avoid
19. Question: (TCO 10) How did the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory fire affect industrial reforms?
20. Question: (TCO 7) The invasion of Belgium turned American opinion against Germany because
21. Question: (TCO 7) What was the name of the agreement that ended World War I?
22. Question: (TCO 11) This trial became a symbol of the conflict within Protestantism between modernists and fundamentalists.
23. Question: (TCO 11) Prohibition was enforced by the
24. Question: (TCO 11) Which economic factors led to the Great Depression?
25. Question: (TCO 7) The three Allied leaders of World War II were
1. Question: (TCOs 1 and 2) Identify and analyze at least two major actions taken by the English Parliament during the 1760s that angered the colonists, and discuss specifically at least one act that dealt with what the colonists viewed as unfair taxation. Then discuss the significance to the colonists of the Tea Act and the Coercive Acts and why these particularly galled the colonists. Make sure you use enough details to support your answer.
2. Question: (TCO 2) Identify and analyze the Dred Scott decision. Be sure to discuss the political reaction to this decision. Then analyze the election of 1860 and how the controversy over slavery divided the party into northern and southern branches. Analyze the ascendency of Abraham Lincoln to the presidency. Be sure to use enough details to support your answer.
3. Question: (TCOs 6 and 7) Identify and explain at least two causes of World War I. Then analyze the events that drew the United States into World War I. Evaluate America’s contribution to the war effort and to what extent America’s entry contributed to the end of the war. Make sure you use enough details to support your answer.
4. Question: (TCOs 7 and 9) Identify and analyze the main events of the Korean War and Cuban Missile Crisis. Then assess how these events affected the relationship between the United States and the Soviet Union. Make sure you use enough details to support your answer.