Which of the following is the author’s purpose?
A. To inform
B. To define
C. To entertain
D. To narrative
43. Which of the following is a logical conclusion based on the passage?
a. Individual blogger will adopt higher standards of journalism as they become more popular.
b. Large news agencies will suffer due to the rapid spread of individual bloggers
c. Large news agencies will change more for their services since they have more competition.
d. Individual bloggers will be able to charge high fees for their services.
44. Which of the following writing styles best describes this passage?
Fun Park Pricelist Indoor Attractions Children’s Fun Center Child (3 to10 years) $8 Child (1 to 3), $5 Child (under 1 year), FREE Adult admission $3 Foam Factory (Unlimited), $6 Rock Wall (3 climbs), $6 Bumper Cars, $6 Outdoor Attractions Maze, $6 Putt-Putt Golf, $6 Go-Kar,t $8 Tokens Game Room, $0.25* Batting Cage, $1* BEST VALUE PASSES EAT/Play Combo- Unlimited attractions plus all-you-can-eat pizza buffet (normally $10person) Unlimited Indoor/Outdoor Attractions – $35 Unlimited Indoor Attractions- $28 Super Pack Unlimited Indoor/Outdoor Attraction – $29 Unlimited Indoor Attractions -$22 Pick Three Unlimited – Choose any three attractions for $18. * Game room and batting cage are not included with unlimited attractions. The following questions are based on the price list.
45. Which of the following is the cheapest price for a parent and a 9-year-old to both do the Fun Center ride the bumper cars once, and play putt-putt once?
46. A customer who purchases a Super Pack Unlimited indoor/outdoor pass most likely chose this option because he
A. want to save money on the pizza buffet.
B. plans on spending his time in the game room and at the battling cages.
C. likes to take repeated rides on the go-karts and bumper cars.
D. Has small children who want to play all day in the Fun Center.
Asepsis 766-793 Medical 766-781 Cleaning in 767 Client education in, 780 Control of infection transmission and 768-769 Disinfections and sterilization in 767-768 Hand hygiene in 769-770 Isolation precautions and 774-768 Personal protective equipment and 779-780 Surgical 782-793 Applying sterile gloves in 786 Client preparation in 782 Donning and removing cap, masks, and gowns in 787-790 Preparing sterile field in 791-793 Surgical scrubs in 784-785 Surgical hand washing guidelines vary regarding the amount of time needed and the antiseptic that should be used for the scrub.
47. Which of the following pages or page ranges most likely contains the sentence above?
48. Whig Committee of New York, 199 Whig National Convention of 1852, 132-33 Whig National Convention of 1856, 168 Whig Party, 9, 10, 22, 26, 55, 71, 88-90, 132, 167 agenda of, 43-44 demise of, 130,(NNN) NNN-NNNNIllinois election and, 149 of New York, 199-200 All the convention leading up to the election of 1856, the divided and much-diminished Whigs met in Baltimore and decided to throw their support of Milard Filmore and a platform that opposed both Republicans and Democratic. Based on the index.
49. which of the following pages is most likely to contain the sentence above?
50. From Lawrenceville take Highway 9 for 20 minutes (about 30 minutes) until you reach the Third Karletown and exit off and turn North on Park Street and drive for 3.1 miles past six stop lights take a left on 3rd Avenue and drive for the store will be on the right side of the street. Based on the following instruction above which of the following statements is true?
A. A driver should exceed this trip to take about 30 minutes of driving time
B. There are six stoplights that the driver will encounter on 3rd Avenue.
C. The driver will be driving west when she approaches the store.
D. Its in exactly 20 minutes from Lawrenceville to the Karletown.
51. Which of the following sets of directions correctly corresponds with the map?
A. Take State Road 10 west from Big Creek to Mendon.
B. Take Highway 73 southeast from Quincy to Camp Point.
C. Take the toll road northwest from Springfield to Camp Point.
D. Take Interstate 8 west from Big Creek to West Point.
52. Using the figure above imagines rotating the figure ½ turn clockwise, ¾ turn counterclockwise, and then one complete the turn clockwise. Which of the following figures corresponds with the directions above? A. B. C. D.
30. Performing Arts Center Classical Series Concerts Single ticket price Saturday night Orchestra – Center: $55 Orchestra – Right Center/Right: $35 Orchestra – Left Center/Left: $45 Mid/Rear Balcony: $50 Center Balcony: $55 Dress Circle: $60 Rear Balcony (youth): $15 Sunday matinee Orchestra – Center: $42 Orchestra – Right Center/Right: $32 Orchestra – Left Center/Left: $ 42 Mid/Rear Balcony: $40 Center Balcony: $52 Dress Circle: $55 Rear Balcony (youth): $15.
Which of the following ticket options offer the cheapest price for and adult?
A. Saturday night, Rear balcony.
B. Saturday night, Orchestra – Right Center
C. Sunday matinee, Orchestra – Left
D. Sunday matinee
Mid rear balcony Super tires Full set special $ 175. 30, plus 10, 000 miles warranty Balance, rotation, and Alignment included Free disposal of old tires ($50 value) Good Tread Tires Four tires $ 150.00 40,000 miles warrantly Balance, rotation and Alignment $25 Free replacement for Flat tire within 1 month of installation.
53. Which of the following consideration should incline a consumer to choose Super Tire?
A. The longer warranty
B. Free disposal of the old tires
C. The price for a full set of four tires
D. Inclusion of balance, rotation, and alignment in the price
32. Choosing the Resolution for Your Photos Resolution Purpose L (Large) 2592 x 1944 pixels Print larger that A4 size prints (8.3 x 11.7 in.) Print larger than letter size prints (8.5 x 11 in.) M1 ( Medium 1) 2048 x 1536 pixels Print up to A4 size prints Print up to Letter size prints M2 (Medium 2) 1600 x 1200 pixels Print postcard size prints (6 x 4 in.) Print L size prints (4.7 x 3.5 in.) S (Small) 640 x 480 Send images in e-mails Shoot more images.
Which of the following is correct based on the information above?
A. The highest number of pixels is best for photos that will be sent by e-mail.
B. A higher number of pixels correspond with the ability to print larger photos.
C. The lowest number of pixels should be used to shoot photos intended for a postcard.
D. A lower number of pixels place more restrictions on the number of photos that can be printed.
35. ‘lead (led). n 1. Position at the front 2. initiative 3. One that leads. 4. Indication or clue. 5. A principal role in a dramatic production ‘lead (led) v. 1 to guide on a way by going in advance. 2. To direct on a course. 3. To direct the operations, activity, or performance. 4. To suggest the answer by asking leading questions. 5. To bring to a conclusion or condition. 6. To guide a dance partner through the steps. A famous conductor accepted the invitation to lead the orchestra in the new season.
Which of the following dictionary entries best defines the word “lead” as used in the sentence above?
A. Entry ‘ lead, definition 1
B. Entry ‘ lead, definition 5
C. Entry ‘ lead, definition 2
D. Entry ‘ lead, definition 3
36. Make yourself at home in the City of Lights. Rent one of our Luxury properties in a Parisian neighborhood! Available apartments Studio apartment 1-bedroom apartment 2-bedroom apartment Weekly rates (in dollars) Season Studio 1 bedroom 2bedroom Dec. 15 to 15 (Holiday) $1, 800 $2,300 $2,800 Mar. 1 to Oct 31 $1,400 $1,900 $2,100 Nov. 1 to Feb. 26 $1,000 $1,700 $1,900 August (offseason) $1,000 $1,400 $1,500
Which of the following potions is the least expensive for a week-long stay?
A. Studio apartment in late December
B. 1-bedroom apartment in early November
C. 2- bedroom apartment in early October
D. 2-bedroom apartment in late August
37. Count’ -verb 1. to list numbers sequentially 2. to add up; enumerate 3. to include in a reckoning 4. to deserve consideration, to have merit -noun 5. the act of counting, a calculation 6. the total number resulting from a count 7. Baseball, the number of balls and strikes 8. Law, a distinct charge in an indictment 9. Boxing the call from 1 to 10 by the referee while a boxer is off his face The lawyer counted (1) 31 separate counters (6) of fraud listed against her client. “This may not count (4) for much.” she said, “but I want you to known that I won’t give up even if we’re down for the count (8).”
Which of the following instances of the word “count” is matched correctly with the number of its definition?
39. Which of the following would be the best title for the timeline?
A. Da Vinci and Italian Painting
B. Da Vinci and his Great Works
C. Da Vinci: A Life in the Arts
D. Da Vinci: A Renaissance Man
40. Which of the following is logical conclusion based on the timeline?
a. Da Vinci was more than 50 years old when he began the Mona Lisa.
b. Da Vinci moved to Milan prior to receiving his first commission.
c. Da Vinci completed The Last Supper after the turn of the millennium
d. Da Vinci began work as an apprentice in the Guild of St. Luke at age 20.