Conceptualizing a New Product or Service Division
E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company, also known as DuPont, is an American based company that primarily manufactures chemicals. Eleuthere Irenee du Pont founded the company in July 1802 purposely for producing gunpowder. Dupont is a world leader in using innovation and science to manufacture its products. It is currently diversifying to produce new products and provide additional services. The company is focused on ensuring safe environments by providing secure energy. The following are a few of the company’s specializations: manufacturer of performance materials such as films and polymers; manufacturer of agricultural and nutritional chemicals, such as fungicides, insecticide as well as plant foods that help in ensuring quality and quantity food supply globally.
Other business sectors of DuPont include the manufacturing of performance coatings for motor vehicles, such as material used in paint and producing electronic and communication products such as printing system, displays, as well as inks. In addition, DuPont is highly involved in ensuring safety and protection in the workplace by offering products such as Tyvek, Kevlar, Corian, and others. However, the company is planning to open a new division in Johannesberg South Africa known as Power Protection and Safety Center. The new division will provide personal protection and safety equipments for both men and women that will be used in carrying out activities, such as operating a machine, handling hazards as well as the extreme cold.
The mission of the Power Protection and Safety Center is to provide quality, brand personal and industry protective equipments for both men and women at fair prices, in order to to ensure and maintain safe and conducive working environment for all self-employed workers and manufacturing industries in the Johannesberg City and its surroundings.
The Power Protection and Safety Center vision is to be Johannesberg’s number one company in ensuring safe and better working conditions for both men and women, as well establishing close relationship with its customers and vendors. The division will achieve the vision by ensuring timely delivery of personal and industry protective equipments for both men and women to the customers. The vision will also be guided by the company’s reliable administration.
The company is guided by the following core values :
· Innovation, passion, Practice, Excellence, and Teamwork
· A long term vision, Equal opportunity and fair play in manufacturing safety and protective equipment
· Honesty and Integrity in its day to day dealings
· Competence and professionalism in managing the company
· Social responsibility in training and provision of necessary information on how to use the safety and protective equipments
Our Responsibilities to Our Customers
We understand that there are various chemicals, temperatures, gases, abrasive surfaces that affect the working condition of workers and lower their productivity. It is our responsibility to provide the best quality personal and industrial safety and protective equipment to our customers at the lowest possible prices. Therefore, to meet our customer needs, the following strategies will be followed:
· We will continuously review the company’s inventory and sales, in order to provide the necessary adjustments.
· It is our commitment to conduct more research about the possible hazards in the working places while designing the best safety and protective equipment that could ensure total protection.
· The division will also ensure high quality customer service and care at all time.
· It is the responsibilities of the division to provide brand safety and protective equipment of all parts of the body in order to ensure high quality protection in every type of work.
Product and Market Differentiation