I asked you to think carefully about Gladwell’s theory regarding “the power of context”. In his discussion Gladwell argues that “character is more like a bundle of habits and tendencies and interests, loosely bound together” that depend on context. Using Stout’s connection between consciousness and memory and Sibert’s call for action to save the elephants, please consider this question:
In what ways does Gladwell’s definition of character complicate the idea of consciousness, and how might this understanding disrupt what Siebert describes as our “anthropocentric views”?
5 full pages min
All papers should follow MLA format; 1st page header, double spaced, Times New Roman 12 font preferred.
“When I Woke Up Tuesday Morning, It was Friday” by Martha Stout
“An Elephant Crack-Up?” by Charles Siebert
“The Power of Context: Bernie Goetz and the Rise and Fall of New York City Crime” by Malcolm Gladwell
Questions to Get You Started:
· What does the “power of context” say about character? Why does Gladwell think it is a mistake to think of character as something “unified and all encompassing”?
· How does the mind divide consciousness into parts? How would Stout react to Gladwell’s discussion of the Broken Windows theory?
· How does the environment impact character in Gladwell? How does environment impact Stout’s patients? How does environment affect the elephants in Siebert?
· What does it mean to move away from an anthropocentric point of view?
· What role, if any, does memory have in our present behavior?
1.please only use resource I uploaded. (3 readings)2. make sure have the thesis statement at the first paragraph(introduction paragraph)3. one introduction and three body paragraphs and one conclusion paragraph4. each paragraph must contain 2 quotations. 5. please make analysis after each quotation.