READ AND FOLLOW 1-5 AND ALL THE BULLETPOINTS!!!! MUST USE THE LINKS TO VIDEO AND ARTICLE PROVIDED AND ADDITIONAL SCHOLARY SOURCE. LOOK OVER THE TEMPLATE AND FOLLOW IT FOR THIS ASSIGNMENT PLEASE
Importance of Becoming a Global Citizen
1. Prepare: View the Globalization: What is Happening to Us (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.? video and read the article A Model of Global Citizenship: Antecedents and Outcomes by Stephen Reysen and Iva Katzarska-Miller (2013).
2. Go and locate one additional source on global citizenship that will help support your viewpoint.
3. Reflect: Please take some time to reflect on how the concept of global citizenship has shaped your identity, and think about how being a global citizen has made you a better person in your community
4. Write: Use the Week One Assignment TemplateUSE THIS when addressing the following prompts: USE THIS TEMPLATE!!!!!
· After viewing the video, describe how being a global citizen in the world of advanced technology can be beneficial to your success in meeting your personal, academic, and professional goals.
· After reading the article by Reysen and Katzarska-Miller, explain why there has been disagreement between theorists about the definition of global citizenship and develop your own definition of global citizenship.
· From the article, (choose two )of the six outcomes of global citizenship (i.e., intergroup empathy, valuing diversity, social justice, environmental sustainability, intergroup helping, and the level of responsibility to act for the betterment of this world) as stated in the article, and explain why those two are the most important in becoming a global citizen compared to the others.
· Describe at least two personal examples or events in your life that illustrate the development of global citizenship based on the two outcomes you chose.
· Identify two specific general education courses, and explain how they each influenced you to become a global citizen. GENERAL EDUCATION COURSES: HISTORY, ENGLISH, MATH, PHILOSOPHY, OR PSYCHOLOGY
5. Your paper
· Must be 750 – 1,000 words in length (excluding title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style
· Must include a separate with the following:
o Title of paper
o Student’s name
o Course name and number
o Instructor’s name
o Date submitted
o Running header with page numbers
· Must cite the two resources required to complete this assignment and at least one additional scholarly source.
· Must document all sources in APA style.
· Must have no more than 15% quoted material in the body of your essay
· Reference list must be separate and formatted according to APA style