Health information system
Please number each answer and reference with each questions so ill know what answer goes with each questions. Deadline: Sunday at noon, response post to at least “ONE” other learners due by Monday the next week at noon. The length of initial discussion post 300-word length and reply/response post should be at least 200 words per each question asked, to another fellow student and any real life experience as applicable, from news or text material. Late submission penalty applies based on the number of day’s late and in line with policy and procedure.
1a. “Health Care Data and Information”
· How can health care administrations improve data and information quality while at the same time decreasing data and information errors? Provide at least one (1) example to support your response.
· What is interoperability, and why do health care providers and organizations still face critical issues and challenges related to interoperability despite the adoption and use of EHR? Support your response with at least one (1) example.
2b. “Strengths and Weaknesses of System Acquisition and Implementation”
· What are the various options for acquiring a health care information system and the advantages and disadvantages of each option?
· Discuss the key risks to a health care organization that fails to allocate sufficient support and resources to a newly implemented health care information system. Next, propose one (1) strategy to mitigate the risks in question. Provide a rationale to support your response.
3c.“Evaluating the Health Information Systems and Alignment”
4d. “Evaluating the Health Information Systems and Alignment”
· Analyze the reasons, discussed in Chapter 7 of the text, why IT fails to deliver returns. Next, discuss the main steps that management could take in order to address the reasons why IT fails to deliver returns. Provide a rationale for your response.
· Also, determine the basic components of a strategic information system (IT) plan within health care organizations. Next, specify the main roles of a leadership team—including Chief Information Officer (CIO) and Chief Financial Officer (CFO)—in the process of IT alignment and strategic planning, including the role and function of the Data Analyst.
5e. “HIPPA and Performance Standards and Measures”
· Analyze the importance of the enactment of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), and appraise the overall impact of HIPAA on patients’ medical records. Suggest key ways in which health care administrations may improve data and information quality, and decrease data and information errors. Provide at least one (1) example to support your response.
· Differentiate the variations between licensures, certification, measures and accreditation, why it is significant to health care in the United States, and what the role of the Joint Commission is.