HEALTHY CHURCH ASSESSMENT
On the left side of each question rate each question on a scale from 1 to 10 (low to high) rate each question.
LOVE FOR GOD: (UP) (62)
1. 10 Obedience to Christ is valued above all else
2. 10 Going, baptizing and teaching people to obey Christ is prioritized
3. 07 New believers are growing in their ability to surrender and sacrifice for the kingdom
4. 06 The “whole counsel of God” (meta-narrative) is being taught
5. 04 A majority of the saints have daily quiet times— % __40_____?
6. 04 A majority of the saints are praying and listening daily for the voice of Christ—% __40_____?
7. 06 Believers are seeking to consistently be controlled by the Holy Spirit
8. 07 The saints are memorizing the Word of God
9. 04 Believers are eager and willingly investing their financial resources in the Kingdom of God
10. 04 Worship occurs at the individual level and it is powerfully manifested when the body gathers together
LOVE FOR ONE ANOTHER: (IN) (62)
1. 05 New believers are intentionally and individually nurtured and developed
2. 06 The saints are growing in maturity in community (connecting them to Jesus through the disciplines)
3. 07 The saints are growing in unity and love for one another
4. 05 The saints are encouraged to discover their Spiritual gifts in community
5. 03 A majority of the saints are in relational groups they are ministering to each other— % ___30____?
6. 04 A majority of the saints are using their gifts “properly” (according to God’s design) — % __40_____?
7. 08 Leaders see their role as equipping and empowering the saints
8. 08 Leaders are being consistently developed to make disciples
9. 08 “Speaking the truth in love” is being consistently practiced
10. 08 Restoring of other believers is done with grace and truth (Church discipline is practiced)
LOVE FOR OUR NEIGHBORS: (OUT) (58)
1. 09 Passionate prayer is continually being offered up for the lost and for laborer’s
2. 02 A majority of the body is engaged in mission (personal and groups) — %__20_____?
3. 03 A majority of missional groups are lovingly sharing their lives and the gospel with unbelievers (living on mission in community) — % ____30___?
4. 05 The gospel is being proclaimed by word and action by the members of the body
5. 08 The poor and “least of these” is intentionally being served and helped through the members of the body of Christ
6. 06 Areas/ domains of the city are being intentionally occupied by ambassadors of Christ
7. 08 The body of Christ (hands and feet of Jesus) is visible to the community… “We don’t know what we would do without this church in our community”
8. 07 Churches are working together to create a gospel net within a community (connecting the loops)
9. 05 New churches are emerging in the community in response to the mission
10. 05 The mission of Christ is being accomplished locally, regionally, nationally and globally by members from within the local body
OVERALL SCORE: Add up the three sections and divide by 3 = _____61____
· Discuss: What is your strongest area? Love For God & Love For One Another
· Discuss: Plans for improvement?