influence your audience’s attitudes
his speech asks you to influence your audience’s attitudes, values, or beliefs through argument (i.e. supporting a position utilizing logos, ethos, pathos). Provide the audience a proposition (of fact, value, or belief) and then support that proposition. The goal is to convince your audience to change a belief or attitude, OR to motivate your audience to act. For specific values of the presentation, a rubric is provided for review within Canvas.
Length: 5-7 minutes. Deduction of 5 points for every 30 seconds under/over the required time
IMPORTANT NOTE: Speeches should be recorded in 720P to ensure the file is small enough to upload.
(i.e. 7:01 = -5 points, 7:31 = -5 points, 8:00 = -5 points). All speeches will be cut off regardless at 8:00 min.
· Online courses must submit their speech via the media upload by the due date.
· Face to face courses will present their speech on their designated class date. Do not upload any videos.
· References: 3 unique sources must be referenced in your speech verbally as oral footnotes. Thus, 3 different sources should appear in your reference page. A deduction of -15 points will occur for each missing or invalid reference (i.e. Wikipedia). Speeches with zero references will not be accepted.
· Reference Page: A reference page is required. Facts, statistics, quotes, etc. all need to cite a source. These should be completed using APA format.
· Visual Aid : A presentational aid must be used during your presentation. Any video usage should adhere to course policies, cannot be used to meet your minimum time (meaning if you and your video took a total of 4:30 your (and must be cited). -Note: For face-to-face courses , any electronic visual must be uploaded to Canvas prior to class or brought on a USB drive. No email access will be allowed via the presentation computer.