Chapter 5 of your primary text addresses the role of intelligence in supporting the Department of Homeland Security. Review Edward Snowden: Here’s How We Take Back the Internet, the TED talk presentation of the interview by Chris Anderson of Edward Snowden. And then review his interview of the Deputy Director of the NSA, Richard Ledgett, Richard Ledgett: The NSA Responds to Edward Snowden’s TED Talk. Identify the constitutional issues discussed in these presentations concerning the gathering of information to formulate intelligence.
Using these two presentations as two sides to a debate, prepare a persuasive paper (excluding the title and reference pages) in which you
The Intelligence Gathering Debate paper
1. Note the importance of the question, and concisely state an answer in your introduction.
2. Explain, clarify, elaborate, support, and generally develop your answer with facts, reasoning, and material drawn principally from peer-reviewed articles.
3. Display your knowledge of the purpose of government and the presidency, the president’s roles, and biblical and philosophical standards while distinguishing the president from a demagogue.*
4. Use subheadings throughout this paper.
5. Conclude by reviewing the main point and personal relevance.
7. Use a minimum of 5 sources from books, articles, web pages, or videos), avoid long quotations, and mere opinion will not suffice.