Information about yourself that you and others know
Information you don’t know about yourself but others know
Information you know about yourself but others don’t
Information about yourself that neither you nor others know
1.Write down 10 adjectives that describe you. It is very important that you complete this step FIRST!
2. Ask 10 people to also write down 10 adjectives that they associate with you. Ask people from different contexts: family, friends, neighbors, work colleagues, boss, cousins, school acquaintances, etc.
3. You will end up with 110 adjectives. Put them all in a Word document.
4. Separate the words by person: your adjectives, your mum’s, your 1st friend, your 2nd friend, your neighbor etc. (keep it anonymous; instead of names use designations such as “parent”, “friend”, “boss”, “cousin” etc.
5. Sort ALL 110 WORDS into the Johari Window (see above).
Open: Words that are on your list and at least on one other list
Hidden: Words that are only on your list and not on any of the 10 other lists
Blind: Words that are only on your family’s and friend’s list but not on your own.
Unknown: always stays blank!
5. Reflection: Write a one to two-page essay that discusses your experience (without headings). For a full score, your submission must be 1 to 2 pages in length, written in essay form, and you will have to cover the following points:
There are 3 parts to this assignment. Your 110 adjectives (with relationship stated for each set of 10: grandmother, coworker, etc.), those adjectives sorted into the Johari window, and your reflection paper in essay form (don’t just write the question and your answer).