First, create an outline and a short explanation that make it clear how one of the lesson readings is organized. Second, create a document of your own that uses the same type of organization as the reading.
Your new document should be about a completely different topic, but it should use the same organizational scheme as the lesson reading. However, it does not have to be the same length as the original. A document of 300 to 500 words is acceptable.
Your assignment should include the following elements:
· An outline that lists all the major topics and subtopics in one of the lesson readings
· A short description of how the lesson reading uses organization to achieve a specific purpose
· A brand-new document that uses the same organizational scheme as the lesson reading
Ask yourself these questions as you revise:
· Does my outline make it clear what all the major topics and subtopics are about? Can a reader look over my outline and understand the gist of the lesson reading?
· Does my written explanation make it clear what the author’s purpose and organizational scheme are? Do I describe how the author uses organization to achieve that purpose? Do I support my explanation with details from the lesson reading?
· Is my new document similar to the lesson reading in all the right ways? Is it organized the same way, for example? Is it about a different topic than the original?
Use this rubric to determine how well you’re meeting the criteria for the assignment.