This assignment has 3 parts. The first part is the Topic Submission. You will need to choose a topic that is related to the course. Then, you will write a 1 paragraph brief explanation of how that topic will be developed. This assignment must be submitted by 10:59 p.m. (CST) on Sunday of Module/Week 1.
The Topic Submission must be a 2-page MS Word attachment. It must contain a title page, plus a second page explaining how you propose to develop the topic related to staffing and employment.
- Prior to beginning this assignment, please explore the “Literature Review Instructions” link above.
- Please review again the “Professor’s Improvement Suggestions” document available for download in the “Syllabus and Assignment Instructions” area of the Course Content. Reading and following the “Annotated Bibliography” and “Literature Review” sections of this document will help you achieve full credit on these assignments.
- You must choose a topic related to the course (Workforce Planning and Employment). Therefore, the topic must be related to workforce planning, employment, or staffing. If you have trouble thinking of a topic, I recommend reviewing the table of contents of the course textbook to get some general ideas, then brainstorming a specific, narrow topic on which to conduct research.
- That said, do not submit a textbook chapter title as a topic for this assignment, such as “Retention Management,” or “External Recruiting.” These are much too broad to be approved, and would be more suited for a master’s thesis or dissertation than a course paper. Instead, focus on a narrow topic on which to conduct research.
- Page # 1 – Title page: Begin your submission with a title page using your proposed topic as the title, and include your name, course name and number, and date submitted.
- Page # 2 – Explanation: After the title page, write a one-paragraph explanation of how you propose to develop that topic.
- All pages of all assignments, including the title page, must be double-spaced and typed in 12-point Times New Roman fonts with one-inch margins on all four sides.
- All research for BUSI 643 must be original for this course. Please do not re-use research from previous courses. The APA considers your research from past courses submitted as original research in a new course to be self-plagiarism. Please review p. 170 of the APA manual on self-plagiarism. This is prohibited, and will be detected by the SafeAssign plagiarism detection software as a 100% match.