Directions: Read the Bootstrap Marketing Using Databases Case Study on page 282-283 of the textbook. Answer the following questions:
Write a 1-2 page paper detailing the above questions, and be sure to cite your references.
1. Select one of the interest groups/organizations listed below.
2. Perform a web search to locate the group’s main web site. Also, perform a web search for recent information about your group’s activities. You can either type up your report as an essay or you can give your information in a bullet-point list. Make sure your paper answers all the questions. Separate your responses with two spaces between answers.
1. What is the organization or group’s website?
2. What are the issues your organization or group is concerned with?
3. What actions does your group take to try to influence policy and the public agenda?
4. Assess your group: What are its strengths and weaknesses?
Back up what you say with specific examples demonstrating their effectiveness (or lack of effectiveness). Remember to find weaknesses of the group; you will likely need to research beyond the group’s main website. Every group has a weakness – your task is to find it. A response like, “I didn’t find any weaknesses” is not acceptable. Start by Googling “opposition to …” and you will find things. Some things will not be accurate or fair. Your job is to sort those out.
5. Summarize a news article from the organization or group in a paragraph.
3rd assignment 150 words Due Wedneday
Read In the Entrepreneurial Spotlight – Bootstrap Marketing in the New Music Industry in Chapter 9, page 276. Assume that you or your friends have a band. How would you develop a plan to enter and succeed in today’s music industry? What opportunities still exist in the music industry despite the tremendous change the industry has gone through?
4th assignment due Wednesday
Consider this scenario: The city plans to build a new drug rehabilitation clinic, which will include a job-training center on the edge of the city. The location is across the street from a high-income suburb and next to another middle-income city neighborhood. Officials cite the increase in drug-related crime in outer areas as one reason for the location but also cite the fact that more jobs are available in inner ring suburbs. The city is promoting the partnerships created with companies willing to assist in job placement with the new clinic but nearby residents are not happy.
Post by Day 3 a 250-word response in which you compare how choices related to urban issues in the “Care Where Needed” scenario affect the quality of life for the citizens involved.
I have enclosed all readings and they should have numbers posted for which assignment they refer to. The pdf label document is for the 4th assignment as well as the document label aasignment 4 reading. The second assignment can be research from the internet. Please let me if I have clarified everything and if you have any questions.