A(n) ________ marketing system is a marketing system in which independent firms at different levels of production and distribution join together through binding agreements.
Question 58 options:
1) corporate vertical
3) contractual vertical
4) administered vertical
The business buying process tends to be longer and more formalized than the consumer buying process.
Question 59 options:
Freight-absorption pricing is used for market skimming and to hold on to monopolistic markets.
Question 60 options:
Question 61 (2 points)
When pursuing a market penetration strategy, a company aims to improve sales by ________.
Question 61 options:
1) entering a new market in addition to its current market
2) introducing a new variant of its product in a new market
3) increasing distribution efforts in its current market
4) introducing its product in a new market without making any changes to the product
5) selling a new product in its current market
Facebook and Twitter are examples of ________.
Question 62 options:
1) buzz marketing
2) telepresence technology
3) social networks
4) virtual worlds
5) online marketplaces
Which of the following is true of the Clayton Act?
Question 63 options:
1) It authorizes the FTC to determine rules and regulations for consumer warranties and provides consumer access to redress
2) It protects and regulates distinctive brand names and trademarks
3) It establishes the Consumer Product Safety Commission and authorizes it to set safety standards for consumer products
4) It supplements the Sherman Act by prohibiting certain types of price discrimination, exclusive dealing, and tying clauses
5) It establishes the Environmental Protection Agency and authorizes it to set a national policy on the environment
Salespeople write up their completed activities in the ________.
Question 64 options:
1) technical support reports
2) expense reports
3) investment returns reports
4) call reports
5) customer surveys
Dextora Technologies manufactures microprocessors and caters exclusively to companies that produce high-end computers. Which of the following types of markets does Dextora target in this scenario?
Question 65 options:
1) retail markets
2) government markets
3) consumer markets
4) business markets
5) reseller markets
Question 66 (2 points)
_______ marketing tailors brands and promotions to the needs and wants of specific cities, neighborhoods, and even stores.
Question 66 options:
The paint used to paint an office is an example of an industrial product that is most likely to fall in the category of ________.
Question 67 options:
1) materials and parts
2) augmented products
3) capital items
4) shopping products
5) supplies and services
Which of the following is true of the different demographics in the U.S.?
Question 68 options:
1) There is an increase in the telecommuting workforce
2) There is a decrease in the number of married women in the workforce
3) There is a decrease in the educational levels in the U.S. population
4) There is a decrease in the number of people migrating to suburbs
5) There is a steep rise in jobs in the manufacturing industry
________ products are distributed exclusively in only one or a few outlets per market area and they have unique characteristics or brand identification.
Question 69 options:
The rapid increase in people telecommuting has increased the SOHO market in the United States.
Question 70 options:
Question 71 (2 points)
An emerging economy is one in which ________.
Question 71 options:
1) the country imports large amounts of finished textiles and automobiles
2) the vast majority of people engage in simple agriculture
3) the country is rich in one or more resources but poor in other ways
4) there are very few imports of raw textile materials and steel
5) fast growth in manufacturing results in rapid overall economic growth
Bensons is a specialty store selling the finest home linen made from raw materials imported from Asian countries. Bensons pricing decision would be aimed at low markups on a high volume of products they retail.
Question 72 options:
The dimension of citizen-action publics is most likely to include ________.
Question 73 options:
1) company directors and managers
2) stockholders and investment analysts
3) government trade agencies
4) consumer organizations and environmental groups
5) magazines and news channels
When a company makes marketing decisions by considering consumers’ wants and interests, the company’s requirements, and society’s long-run interests, it is practicing ________ marketing.
Question 74 options:
Qriosity Inc. comes out with a new antivirus program and prices it at half price to attract buyers. The company is using ________.
Question 75 options:
1) marketing-skimming pricing
2) market-penetration pricing
3) value-added pricing
4) reference pricing
5) promotional allowances