Using the information in these two articles, explain how an institution’s decision whether or not to adopt policies against hiring smokers is a moral dilemma.
· In “Conflicts,” click the link to view the figure titled “Proposed Ladder of Interventions to Reduce Tobacco Use.” In your opinion, what is the highest ladder rung where the practice described is still ethical? Explain.
· According to “Ethics,” health care organizations posed the argument that “their employees must serve as role models for patients and that only nonsmokers can do so.” Explain whether you agree or disagree with that statement, and why.
· Why is it often beneficial to articulate the assumed moral statement in a moral argument, such as in the example above?
· As presented in “A Simple Argument,” explain whether or not you accept “Meat-eating causes avoidable suffering” as a true premise and why.
· What is the central argument of “Give Thanks to Meat”?
· List two explicit premises that you find most compelling in “Give Thanks to Meat.”
· Give an example of a moral dilemma in which a moral theory based on utilitarianism would suggest one course of action while a moral theory based on religious absolutism would suggest a different one.
· What makes stealth marketing different from traditional marketing?
· Why might some people think that stealth marketing is unethical?
Question 1.What is the most prevalent form of domestic violence?
Question 2.Which term indicates the likely return to crime of past criminals?
Question 3.What type of crime does Megan’s Law address?
Question 4.Which sociological theory presumes that crimes occur in order to serve a purpose in society?
Question 5.ALL BUT ONE of the following effects occurs as a result of warfare:
Question 6.Women who have experienced rape or child abuse are at higher risk for revictimization.
Question 7.According to the text, which type of theory may be applied to best understand family violence?
Question 8.Sociological data suggests that ______ in 5 women are victims of sexual assault during their college years.
Question 9.Which ethnic adolescent is more likely to be perceived as behaving normally when committing minor crimes?
Question 10.Which amendment allowed to states to create their own alcohol laws in contrast to federal prohibition?
|Link to other tutorials for SOC 203
Just click on Assignment/Discussion name to go to respective tutorial.
|· SOC 203 Week 1 Discussion 1 ( The Sociological Imagination )|