network of retail outlets
Crowbar Records used to sell its music, in CDs, through a network of retail outlets, record stores, and music dealers. After the advent of MP3 technology, it decided to shift from using any of these agents and sell its music independently from the company’s Web site, using personal mail, and other social networking techniques to inform potential customers about upcoming music and promotions. Which of the following types of marketing systems has Crowbar newly adopted?
Question 43 options:
1) administered vertical marketing system
2) contractual vertical marketing system
3) horizontal marketing system
4) direct marketing channel
5) vertical marketing channel
A company or store gains a(n) ________ by differentiating its products and delivering more value.
Question 44 options:
1) competitive advantage
2) positioning advantage
3) cost advantage
4) efficiency advantage
The final step in the marketing process is ________.
Question 45 options:
1) capturing value from customers
2) constructing an integrated marketing program
3) building profitable relationships with the customers
4) understanding the marketplace
5) designing a customer-driven marketing strategy
Question 46 (2 points)
Which of the following is true of marketing ROI?
Question 46 options:
1) Marketing ROI uses only those marketing effects that are measured in dollar terms
2) Marketing ROI ignores customer-centered measures of marketing impact, such as customer acquisition and retention
3) Marketing ROI is the net return from a marketing investment divided by the profit from the marketing investment
4) Marketing ROI cannot be assessed in terms of standard marketing performance measures, such as brand awareness, sales, or market share
5) Marketing ROI measures the profits generated by investments in marketing activities
Customer markets are considered to be a factor of a manufacturer’s microenvironment.
Question 47 options:
Which of the following is a major disadvantage of direct investment for the domestic company?
Question 48 options:
1) The returns are lesser as compared to exporting
2) Generally, the firm finds it difficult to develop a deeper relationship with the government or customers
3) The firm eventually loses control over the investment
4) The firm faces many risks such as falling markets or government changes
5) Due to a lack of control, the firm is unable to develop marketing policies that serve its long-term international objectives
Which of the following types of stores carries a deep assortment of goods in each category, has knowledgeable staff, and is often viewed as a very large specialty store?
Question 49 options:
1) category killers
2) convenience stores
3) factory outlets
4) department stores
5) independent stores
A brand is a name, term, sign, symbol, or design, or a combination of these, that identifies the maker or seller of a product or service.
Question 50 options:
Question 51 (2 points)
Compared to standardized global marketing, adapted global marketing ________.
Question 51 options:
1) uses the same marketing mix elements to target markets
2) involves reduced costs
3) produces a larger market share
4) maintains uniformity across all markets
5) results in lower returns
Sales promotion tools used to persuade resellers to carry a brand, give it shelf space, promote it in advertising, and push it to consumers are collectively called ________ promotion.
Question 52 options:
3) sales force
The maturity stage of the PLC is characterized by a slowdown in sales growth.
Question 53 options:
In the second step of the marketing research process, a ________ is developed.
Question 54 options:
1) research problem
2) research plan
3) research report
4) research rationale
5) research objective
Which of the following is true of a vertical marketing system?
Question 55 options:
1) It occurs when two or more companies at one level join together to follow a new marketing opportunity
2) It occurs when a single firm sets up two or more marketing channels to reach one or more customer segments
3) It does not give overall power to any one member in the channel
4) It has each channel member acting as a separate business unit trying to maximize its own profits
5) It has one channel member owning all the other channel members, or has contracts with all other channel members
Question 56 (2 points)
Which of the following types of stores usually carries more specialty goods for which customers like to be “waited on” and have much higher operating costs that are passed along to the customer?
Question 56 options:
1) self-service stores
2) convenience stores
3) full-service stores
4) discount stores
5) off-price stores
________ is the systematic design, collection, analysis, and reporting of data relevant to a specific marketing situation facing an organization.
Question 57 options:
1) Test marketing
2) Marketing research
4) Integrated marketing
5) Exclusive distribution