Imagine you are trying to sell a work of art to a wealthy art collector. Describe a painting or watercolor that you have created or discovered from the 20th or 21st Century that has special meaning to you. Describe it in terms of content, style, color, composition, theme or intent, highlighting how this artwork makes you (or the viewer) feel.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
- Provide a copy of the painting or watercolor, and describe the piece in terms of content, style, color, and composition.
- Explain the artwork’s theme and intent.
- Classify the artwork within the modern art movements and explain why it belongs there.
- Explain how this artwork makes you (or the viewer) feel. (If you created the work, explain why you did so and your feelings toward the process and the completed work.)
- Include four (4) references that help supports your claims. (The text may be used as one (1) reference.)
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- This course requires the use of new Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different than other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow SWS or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length. Identify the artwork and artists under the title of your paper.