Presenting for the Future
In this last assignment, you will present on Mandatory Minimum Prison Sentencing and provide your recommendations to improve or resolve the issue.
Create a ten to twelve (10-12) slide presentation in which you:
1. Create a title slide and references section (as indicated in the format requirements below).
2. You should provide detailed speaker notes with your presentation as if you were actually going to present this to a live audience.
3. Summarize Mandatory Minimum Prison Sentencing
4. Summarize the primary ways that organizational, human, and budget resources impact the issue.
5. Summarize the primary ways that policy and politics impacts the issue.
6. Summarize the ethical concerns surrounding the issue.
7. Summarize the relationship of constitutional law to the issue.
8. Provide two (2) recommendations to resolve or improve the issue.
9. Include at least four (4) peer-reviewed references (no more than five  years old) from material outside the textbook. Note: Appropriate peer-reviewed references include scholarly articles and governmental Websites. Wikipedia, other wikis, and any other websites ending in anything other than “.gov” do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
· Include a title slide containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The title slide is not included in the required slide length.
· Include a reference slide containing the sources that were consulted while completing research on the selected topic, listed in APA format. The reference slide is not included in the required slide length.
· Format the PowerPoint presentation with headings on each slide, two to three (2-3) colors, two to three (2-3) fonts, and two to three (2-3) relevant graphics (photographs, graphs, clip art, etc.), ensuring that the presentation is visually appealing and readable from 18 feet away.
· Slides should abbreviate the information in no more than five or six (5 or 6) bullet points each.
· Slide titles should be based on the criteria being summarized.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
· Reconstruct the historical development of the field of public administration.
· Rearrange public administration, both the traditional and the new approaches, from structural, functional, and process perspectives, as well as the key goals of the public and private sector.
· Evaluate the role and functions of public administration as it relates to executive branches of government and public policies at federal, state, and local levels.
· Organize the concepts of public budgeting and policy formation essential to the study of public administration as it relates to political choice.
· Organize the concepts of planning and human resource management essential to the study of public administration as it relates to political choice.
· Compose the concepts of public leadership and management essential to the study of public administration.
· Use technology and information resources to research issues in public administration.
· Write clearly and concisely about public administration using proper writing mechanics.