Collaborative identification and interpretation of practice problems is a requirement of professional practice (AACN, 2008). Locating and summarizing literature using credible online databases is necessary for evidence-based nursing (AACN, 2008; QSEN, 2018).
This assignment provides a learning activity for students to experience a practice-based scenario and apply a process worksheet designed to assist in the identification of an independent nursing problem or concern, develop a PICOT clinical question, and search for evidence using credible online databases/sources.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following Course Outcomes.
CO1: Examine the sources of evidence that contribute to professional nursing practice. (PO 7)
CO2: Apply research principles to the interpretation of the content of published research studies. (POs 4 & 8)
CO4: Evaluate published nursing research for credibility and significance related to evidence-based practice. (POs 4 & 8)
CO5: Recognize the role of research findings in evidence-based practice. (POs 7 & 8)
Submit the completed PPL Worksheet by Sunday, 11:59 p.m. MT at the end of Week 3.
This assignment is worth 175 points.
1. Read over each of the following directions.
2. You must read the Assignment Practice Scenario below before completing the PPL Worksheet.
3. Download and use the required PPL Worksheet (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site..
4. Review the information provided in our library of how to search for journal articles here (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site..
5. Review the information provided in our library of how to locate and copy a journal permalink (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site..
6. You are required to complete the worksheet using the productivity tools required by University, which is Microsoft Office Word 2013 (or later version), or Windows and Office 2011 (or later version) for MAC. You must save the file in the “.docx” format. Do NOT save as Word Pad. A later version of the productivity tool includes Office 365,
7. Complete each section of the Problem/PICOT/Literature (PPL) Worksheet. For the Clinical PICOT Question, you are required to use one type of question from the American Academy of Ambulatory Care Nursing (AAACN). Please access the template to select the question type from the following link:
American Academy of Ambulatory Care Nursing (AAACN). (2018). AAACN research toolkit: Template for asking PICOT questions. Retrieved from https://www.aaacn.org/sites/default/files/documents/misc-docs/1e_PICOT_Questions_template.pdf (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
8. Be sure to use the PPL grading rubric to make certain you are meeting all grading criteria of the PPL Worksheet.
9. Use correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, and in-text APA formatting.
10. Submit the completed PPL Worksheet on the Week 3 Assignment page.
**Academic Integrity Reminder**
College of Nursing values honesty and integrity. All students should be aware of the Academic Integrity policy and follow it in all discussions and assignments.
By submitting this assignment, I pledge on my honor that all content contained is my own original work except as quoted and cited appropriately. I have not received any unauthorized assistance on this assignment. Please see the grading criteria and rubrics on this page.
Please see the grading criteria and rubrics on this page.
NOTE: Please use your browser’s File setting to save or print this page.