Dedicated, focused, reliable, and motivated Army professional excelling at prioritizing, completing multiple tasks simultaneously, and following through to achieve project goals. Self-starter possessing qualitative and quantitative military, office administration, and healthcare experience. Proven ability to relate and interact with people of all backgrounds, ages, and diversities. Ability to work autonomously while achieving company goals and exhibiting a clear, strong drive to succeed.
Kaplan University, 2016
Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration
United States Army March 2010 – Present
Human Resource Specialist
· Prepare operational reports
· Maintain data in information systems and databases
· Complete payroll by entering service member’s pay from completed courses, school and training and attending Battle Assemblies
· Create and prepare PowerPoint presentations for skill exercises and meetings.
· Evaluate personnel practices to ensure adherence to regulations
· Prepare or maintain records related to training, schools, leaves, transfers, or promotions, using management system software Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources
· Maintaining and scheduling medical, dental and vision appointments
Favorite Staffing December 2007- March 2010
Certified Nursing Assistant
· Monitored glucose, completed trachea suctions and colostomy changes, measured and charted input of fluid intake and output of specimen
· Provide basic patient care under direction of nursing staff. Perform duties such as feed, bathe, dress, groom, or move patients, or change linens, record patients’ vital. May transfer or transport patients. Includes nursing care attendants, nursing aides, and nursing attendants.
· Performing independently a variety of functions which include: fact finding, analyzing data and resolving complex problems.
· Participating in policy making, planning/management decisions and processes that impact the operation of the service
WNY Ear, Nose and Throat February 2005 – November 2007
· Experienced in Medent software, electronic medical records (EMR), and patient demographics
· Perform administrative and certain clinical duties under the direction of a physician. Administrative duties may include scheduling appointments, maintaining medical records, billing, and coding information for insurance purposes, authorizations and referrals. Clinical duties may include taking and recording vital signs and medical histories, preparing patients for examination
· Responded and replied to incoming, outgoing phone calls and emails from patients, physician, and pharmacy
· Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology
· Participating in policy making, planning/management decisions and processes that impact the operation of the service.
Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority (NFTA) July 2003- September 2007
Bus Driver/ Customer Service
· Drive vehicles over specified routes or to specified destinations according to time schedules, complying with traffic regulations to ensure that passengers have a smooth and safe ride.
· Park vehicles at loading areas so that passengers can board.
· Inspect vehicles and check gas, oil, and water levels prior to departure.
· Assist passengers, such as elderly or disabled individuals, on and off bus, ensure they are seated properly, help carry baggage, and answer questions about bus schedules or routes
· Keep records of customer interactions or transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, or comments, as well as actions taken
· Resolve customers’ service or billing complaints by performing activities such as exchanging merchandise, refunding money, or adjusting bills.
Kelly Temporary Services February 1997- June 2003
· Perform routine clerical and administrative functions such as drafting correspondence, scheduling appointments, organizing and maintaining paper and electronic files, or providing information to callers
· Recording information, updating paperwork, or maintaining documents, such as attendance records, correspondence, or other material
· Kept ledgers of company’s accounts
· Supported management during meetings and job fairs
· Operate office equipment, such as fax machines, copiers, or phone systems and arrange for repairs when equipment malfunctions
Special Training and Certificates
|Certified Nursing Assistant||Maplewood Healthcare|
|Basic Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)||Rural Metro|
|Home Health Aid||Catholic Health System|
|First Aid /Basic Life Support (BLS)||American Heart Association|
|Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)||American Heart Association|
|Medical Office Assistant||Adult Learning Center|
|Medical Terminology||Adult Learning Center|
|Human Resource Specialist||US Army|
|Postal Specialist||US Army|