Project Charter Organization
The residence at 987 Cleveland Court was built in 2006. It was purchased by the current homeowners on April 6, 2019 and they wish to remodel the kitchen to accommodate their family of six and holiday family gatherings.
1. Kitchen remodel project plan and design layout
1. Kitchen that includes the following:
1. Marble countertops
1. Semi-custom cabinets
1. Hard wood floors
1. Subway tiles backsplash
1. Gas range stove and oven
1. Commercial grade eco-friendly stainless-steel appliances
|In-Home Consultation with your Project Manager||July 1, 2019
|Design and Blueprint review||July 1, 2019|
|Custom cabinets, countertops and flooring order placed||July 2, 2019|
|Design and Blueprint plan review with General contractors and sub- contractors||July 2, 2019|
|Structural, plumbing, and electrical inspections||July 3, 2019|
|Demolition||July 8, 20
|Electrical and plumbing Layout||July 10, 2019|
|Electrician and Plumer insulation||July 11 2019|
|Flooring and Cabinet installation||July 15, 2019|
|Cabinet installation||July 18, 2019|
|Countertop installation||July 20, 2019|
|Appliance installation||July 25,2019
|Backsplash and Tile Work installation||July 28,2019|
|Painting||August 1, 2019|
|Clean Up||August 6, 2019|
|Testing to ensure proper function and safety of all things apart of the remodel||August 10, 2019|
|Final inspection||August 13,2019|
|Present the kitchen remodel to homeowners||August 15, 2019|
The kitchen remodel project will be completed when the below items are accomplished:
1. The installation of all material and equipment are complete and meet safety standards that are in scope of the design.
1. The homeowners sign off on the completion of the remodel and requirements agreed on in the Scope of the remodel project.
1. All deadlines are meet by the General contractors itemized in the milestones section.
1. The budget does not excide $30,000.00. for the kitchen remodel.
The items that need to be addressed to achieve the key success factor are below:
1. All materials are ordered and received in a timely fashion to unsure deadlines are met.
1. Budget for the project is readily available
1. Contractors and Sub- Contractors are in communication with dates and deadlines
1. Labor for the task needed are available throughout the project.
|Cabinetry and hardware||29%||$ 8,700.00|
|Appliances and ventilation||14%||$ 4,200.00|
|Lighting and Electric||5%||$ 1,500.00|
|Walls and ceilings||5%||$ 1,500.00|
|Doors and windows||4%||$ 1,200.00|
|Faucets and plumbing||4%||$ 1,200.00|
General overview of Payment
The material needed for the remodel will be purchased first. The general contractor and sub-contractors will be compensated in a three-part payment. First payment after job requirement have been shared and work has started on date given. Seconded payment after all cabinets, counter tops, flooring and appliances have been installed. Third payment once the remodel is completed.
|Stakeholders||Impact or be Impacted|
|Homeowner’s Association||Be Impacted|
|Mortgage Company||Be Impacted|
The project team for the kitchen remodel:
1. General Contractor
1. Homeowner’s Association
1. Homeowners Insurance
1. Credit Union/Loan Officer
1. City Inspector
The high-level risk for the kitchen remodel:
1. Delivery and or Delayed of Material and supplies
1. Wrong Items Delivered
1. Building permits not granted
1. Finding Sub- Contractor to complete work needed
1. Wrong measurements taken of custom installation item
1. Exceeding the given budget
The following are assumed for the kitchen remodel:
1. The money for the project will be readily available for the entire project.
1. The General Contractor hired can complete the remodel in a professional and timely manner
1. The kitchen does not need structural change or further remodel changes outside of the scope of the project.
1. Time conflict with sub-contractors
1. Labor availably / scheduling
1. Material and supplies availability
Obrien, Alexandra (2018). 11-step Guide to Managing Your Kitchen Renovation. Retrieved from https://www.realestate.com.au/lifestyle/11-step-guide-to-project-managing-your-kitchen-renovation/
HGTV. (2015, JUNE 17). Top 15 Home Updates That Pay Off. Retrieved from https://www.hgtv.com/design/real-estate/top-home-updates-that-pay-off-pictures
Crace, Miranda (n.d,). The Step-by-Step Guide to Remodeling Your Kitchen. Retrieved May 11, 2018 from https://www.quickenloans.com/blog/the-step-by-step-guide-to-remodeling-your-kitchen