· Most women think of women who are getting abortions as careless teens or partyers.
· Around 6 in 10 women who are getting abortions are already mothers.
· Making abortion illegal will not stop abortions from happening.
· One illegal abortion survivor writes that, ““Abortions will continue regardless of whether it’s legal or not legal ― as it always has.”
· Donald Trump plans to defund Planned Parenthood under suspicion that the government funding that the organization is receiving is going towards abortions, which is not what it is meant for.
· Abortions are in fact payed for out of pocket, and are not payed for by Planned Parenthood.
· Planned Parenthood provides this service for under privileged and under payed women who would otherwise have no other option.
· With an application process put on abortions, it will eliminate women who abuse the opportunity they have to get an abortion.
· Abortion should not be a common occurrence that happens more than once to one woman.
· This application will go through medical history, criminal history, proof of income and a justification as to why the mother is unfit to have the child.
· Just because most women, over half, who get abortions are already mothers does not mean they are any more responsible.
· It does not matter if the woman has multiple children or none at all, the outcome and precautions are the exact same.
· Making abortion illegal will stop them from being performed at hospitals and Planned Parenthood, where most abortions take place.
· “Back-alley” illegal abortions are very dangerous and rare to come by these days.
· Planned Parenthood is in disagreement with Trump’s opinions on abortion, therefore has no problem to use their government funding to perform abortions.
· Without Trump’s release on the government funding for Planned Parenthood, the organization would still continue to perform abortions.
· An application process for abortions will be very difficult to enforce and cause a lot of legal dispute over who should and should not be deemed fit to raise a child or not.
· It would be difficult to make the process completely fair and understanding to all situations when it comes to abortion.
· This process would take a long time and have a long waiting list, there simply is not enough time when there is a baby on the way.
Vagianos, Alanna. “What It’s Like To Get An Illegal Abortion, From 4 Women Who Know Firsthand.” The Huffington Post. TheHuffingtonPost.com, 22 Feb. 2017. Web. 07 July 2017.
Bazelon, Emily. “Trump’s Abortion Strategy.” The New York Times. The New York Times, 10 Mar. 2017. Web. 07 July 2017.
Bassett, Laura. “What It Really Means To ‘Defund’ Planned Parenthood.” The Huffington Post. TheHuffingtonPost.com, 08 Mar. 2017. Web. 07 July 2017.
Pollitt, Katha. “The Abortion Conversation We Need To Have.” The Huffington Post. TheHuffingtonPost.com, 16 Oct. 2014. Web. 07 July 2017.
“U.S. Abortion Statistics.” Abort73.com / Abortion Unfiltered. N.p., n.d. Web. 28 July 2017.