Constructing research reports are a major part of the research process. This assignment will assist you in beginning to prepare your research proposal, which will be completed in your capstone course.
Be sure to review Chapters 15 & 16 of the textbook before beginning the assignment.
Using your selected topic, begin preparing the introduction and methodology section for the selected topic. Include the following in your paper:
1. Introductory section:
a. Develop your problem statement.
b. Develop a hypothesis on the topic you selected.
c. Include the hypothesis you submitted for Topic 3 DQ 2. Use the feedback you receive from the discussion forum to revise your hypothesis if necessary.
2. Include the following sections in your report:
a. Methodology section: Include subsections:
i. Participants- How many participants will be involved in the study? What were the relevant characteristics (age, gender, race, etc.)? How were they recruited? Provide additional information to for clarity.
ii. Apparatus/ Materials/ Instruments- What materials or instruments were used in the experiment?
iii. Procedure- Provide a clear description of all procedures followed in the study. Were there groups? Was there manipulation to control variables? Provide the steps of the study in chronological order for the reader.
iv. Design- Briefly explain the design of the experiment and why that is the best design for your study.
3. Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
4. This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
5. You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
*Note: You will be creating PowerPoint slides of your proposal to share with your colleagues. The PowerPoint will also be due in Topic 8.
* This benchmark assignment assesses the following programmatic competencies: 2.1: Apply research design principles to investigate psychological hypotheses and 2.4: Interpret psychological phenomena using sound scientific reasoning.
This was my week 3 hypothesis:
My hypothesis is that when I introduce stress, real life events, the psychological of a police officer to them all at one time, and test them over time, then they would get used to the pressure and then more of them would think first before reacting to situations in the heat of the moment because the problems would not be brand new to them and they would be much more equipped to deal with the situation. When I thought about my hypothesis, I just looked at what I was trying to accomplish and what needed to be done in order to make that happen. I think that my hypothesis is well written because I said what steps needed to be taken and I spell checked to make sure that everything was spelled correctly.