Unless otherwise stated, answer in complete sentences, and be sure to use correct English, spelling and grammar. Sources must be cited in APA format. Your response should be four (4) double-spaced pages; refer to the “Assignment Format” page located on the Course Home page for specific format requirements.
Part A: You were recently promoted to a sales manager position for ABC Company, which offers customized software for physicians, dentists, and veterinarians. Unfortunately, you’re now the sales manager for one of your company’s least productive regions. After several weeks on the job, you become concerned about the high rate of turnover. Three salespeople have resigned within the last two months. Replacements are needed and there’s little time to hire, train, and deploy them in the field.
Realizing that the right people for these positions could come from a variety of places, you decide to investigate the strengths and weaknesses of hiring from within the organization, through referrals, and by using advertising methods. What are your opinions on the following?
1. What are two (2) advantages and two (2) disadvantages of hiring internal candidates for sales positions?
2. What are two (2) benefits of hiring people referred to the company by friends or relatives?
3. Discuss one (1) difference between the kinds of applicants that will come in from a newspaper ad versus postings on online job boards. Does this difference indicate anything about future job performance?
Part B: Once your selection has been made, you move to the next step – training. Please respond to the following:
1. How is sales training related to recruiting and selecting salespeople?
2. How can sales training contribute to salesforce socialization?
3. What four (4) methods are used for delivering sales training?
1. This is an open-book, take-home exam. It is an individual assignment and should not be discussed in any way with others.
2. Your answers are not to exceed 1,800 words in total for the combined exam plus exhibits (if any). Please use 12-point, Times New Roman font, and double-space your answers. Number all pages. Clearly identify which question you are answering each time. All answers are to be written in English.
3. Read through the entire exam and articles and PPT before beginning to answer.
4. Think about the structure of your answer before you start writing it.
5. Answer each question separately and make sure the full answer is included in a single question. You may reference something from a previous answer rather than re-writing it (if needed), but do not answer all the questions in one large report.
6. Logistics for returning your answers:
a. HOW? Word Document file: double-spaced, 12-point Times New Roman font, numbered pages, no more than 1,800 words for the total document.