Sample Instructions – Final” Pick a favorite snack food that requires you to take at least eight steps to prepare.
Link Assignment 5: https://www.homeworkmarket.com/questions/technical-writing-english-316 Rewrite your earlier sample instructions draft (Assignment 5) to incorporate feedback from your professor on the simplicity, tone, clarity, and format of the submission. Review the instructions example in the textbook if you have not done so already. Imagine your audience is third grade Girl Scouts who have little or no experience in a kitchen. Along with your instructions, write a 1-page explanation of the steps you took to create the document and rationale for your approach. In your document, you should:
1. Write instructions and explanations clearly and briefly.
2. Use appropriate tone and language for the intended purpose and audience.
3. Organize the instructions and the document.
4. Provide an explanation and rationale of the approach.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
· Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
· Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
|Criteria||Exemplary 90-100% A|
|1. Write instructions and explanations clearly and briefly. Weight: 20%||Thoroughly wrote instructions and explanations clearly and briefly.|
|2. Use appropriate tone and language for the intended purpose and audience. Weight: 25%||Thoroughly used appropriate tone and language for the intended purpose and audience.|
|3. Organize the instructions and the document.
|Thoroughly organized the instructions and the document.|
|4. Provide an explanation and rationale of the approach. Weight: 25%||Thoroughly provided an explanation and rationale of the approach.|
|5. Clarity, writing mechanics, and formatting requirements Weight: 10%||0-2 errors present|
Supplemental Instructions: (Professor this is the major point for evaluation grading this final Draft)
1. In paragraph format, explain why you chose this recipe and how you determined it is written on the third-grade level. Include a screenshot from Word showing the reading level (see video).
2. Have a separate “Ingredients List.” Number the ingredients.
3. In the recipe, use transitions instead of numbers to show your steps (see video).
4. Include at least 8 steps in your recipe.
5. Incorporate at least one graphic that illustrates your recipe.
6. Do not plagiarize (copy/paste).
Please follow the following Video as a guide: