|Student’s Name||ID No.|
|Assessor’s Name||Phone No.|
The assessment task is due on the date specified by your assessor. Any variations to this arrangement must be approved in writing by your assessor.
Submit this document with any required evidence attached. See specifications below for details.
Candidates will demonstrate knowledge and skills required to assist customer to clearly describe their needs, satisfy complex customer needs and establish effective regular communication with customers.
Using the workplace scenario information provided, you will perform a role-play in which you will meet with a customer on at least two occasions to determine customer needs and deliver a service. You will need to adhere to all organisational requirements, including policies and procedures to deliver the service to your customer.
1. Review the simulated business documentation, including policies and procedures for Melbourne Car World in the Assessment Task Appendices.
1. Review the scenario information below:
You are a sales and customer service representative in the West Dealership of Melbourne Car World.
Consider the following information:
1. Your delegation limit is $5,000 for negotiating price reductions.
1. Your manager, Pat Marks, has asked you to participate in a sales promotion to offer discounts of as much as 15% on listed car prices, subject to delegation policy. Under supplier contract, discounts cannot be applied to modifications and additions.
1. Due to problems with suppliers and unanticipated demand, there is a 1 month waiting period for modifications: safety options, sunroofs, spoilers, window tinting, etc. Some additions such as roof racks, floor mats, etc. have a 2 month waiting period. If required, customers may take possession of automobiles without required additions in 1 month, with additions to be fitted later.
1. For people who arrive with young kids, there is play area supervised by childcare professional. Small toy car given as gift.
A new customer has booked an appointment with you at the dealership, Sal Burns.
1. Plan to make customer contact:
0. study scenario information and requirements for each customer contact below
0. plan or create notes to help you complete complex role-plays
0. study customer segment profiles (available in Assessment Task Appendices)
0. study company products (available in Assessment Task Appendices)
0. study policies and procedures (available in Assessment Task Appendices)
0. prepare all documentation needed to provide customer or assist customer in decision-making.
Note: Candidates are not required to memorise product features or long policies or procedures, but should be able to locate information for customers when required.
1. Conduct customer role-play/s. Assessor will determine who will role-play manager and customer. Assessor may play these roles themselves. Ensure you follow organisational procedures in the Assessment Task Appendices and the tasks/activities referred to below to deliver customer service over two separate customer contacts.
1. Submit documentation as per specifications.
|1. Follow procedures to greet customer and explore customer needs: take notes. Notes should contain enough information to justify choice of product, modifications and/or additions.
1. Match products to customer.
1. Explain at least two potential options for meeting customer needs.
1. Help customer to evaluate products and reach a decision.
1. Anticipate and work through potential difficulties in delivering products to meet customer needs.
1. Negotiate priorities and determine order of actions to take to fulfil customer and organisational requirements:
0. explain process to customer
0. summarise offer and price
0. briefly seek and obtain manager’s approval of offer (before finalising offer with consent form)
0. follow procedures to communicate rights and responsibilities to customer and answer any questions
0. have customer sign consent form
0. agree on next consultation: date and time; tasks and activities.
|Tasks/Activities: Partial delivery of automobile|
|1. Summarise actions taken so far to meet customer requirements.
1. Follow organisational procedures to gather feedback on service from customer.
1. Agree on final consultation to complete delivery: date and time.
1. Follow organisational procedures to submit records of customer contact for storage.
1. perform a role-play to deliver a service to a customer over two contacts
1. submit notes on customer needs
1. submit consent form
1. submit feedback from customer.
Your assessor will be looking for:
1. communication skills to relate to people from diverse backgrounds and people with diverse abilities
1. information management skills to summarise information verbally and nonverbally
1. literacy and numeracy skills to:
0. interpret product and service features
0. read a variety of texts to prepare general information and papers
0. summarise information obtained from a variety of verbal and non-verbal sources
0. write formal and informal text
1. problemsolving skills to develop solutions unique to a customer
1. selfmanagement skills to:
0. comply with policies and procedures
1. organisational procedures and standards for customer service relationships
1. detailed product and service knowledge which may:
0. be of significant breadth so as to propose alternative products and services or
0. of significant depth so as to propose variations within a limited product and service range.
|Role-play scenario: Customer profile|
23 Wallace St
Coburg Vic 3058
MC: 1234 5678 9101 2131
CSC/CVV #: 123
|1. 33 years old.
1. Sometimes does business on the road.
1. Family top priority.
1. Loves family outings.
1. Sometimes takes long drives with family to Queensland for holidays.
1. Has two young kids with her.
|1. Vehicle that:
0. has lots of space for luggage
0. fits two adults, two kids and maybe more
0. has roof racks
0. is safe
0. costs under $40,000
0. is reliable/backed by solid warranty
0. is available within a month.
1. Needs understanding and respect for needs of family.
1. Doesn’t need to be sold on flashy features that are just not practical.
1. Absolutely hates it when businesses make no provision for needs of parents with small children.
|1. Potentially would like:
0. backseat DVD
0. entertainment options
0. tow bar, but only likely to use for towing very light loads and small trailers (no boats or campers)
0. reverse camera (for avoiding kids potentially in driveway)
0. fuel economy
0. immediate delivery.
|1. Very upset that has to wait for all features, needs explanation.
1. Very upset and concerned that privacy will be violated and will receive all kinds of unwanted marketing from companies she’s never heard of.
Our pledge to you, our customer (in accordance with the VACC code of practice):
· Melbourne Car World will observe proper standards of conduct and act honestly and act fairly in their dealings with you, the customer.
· Melbourne Car World will not commence repairs without authorisation from the customer or agent.
· Melbourne Car World will advise customers of any necessary variation to negotiated offers and agreements.
· Melbourne Car World will carry out only those tasks for which they are properly qualified and equipped.
· Melbourne Car World will ensure any goods or parts sold are of merchantable quality and fit the purpose for which they are required.
· Melbourne Car World will not knowingly mislead a consumer in relation to the sale, purchase, service or repair of a motor vehicle or accessories not be party to any improper practice.
· Melbourne Car World warrants that all repairs and services provided, including sub-contracted services, shall be of good quality and workmanship and all parts supplied free of defects and such warranty shall apply for a specific number of kilometers or period of time.
· Melbourne Car World guarantee clear title to any vehicle offered for sale.
I understand that my personal information given to Melbourne Car World to facilitate my purchase and provide customer service feedback will be used in accordance with Melbourne Car World policy and Australian Law.
I understand and agree to:
· the total cost of the sales/service package negotiated
· my obligation to pay or arrange financing for the negotiated price at required date
· all conditions associated with this purchase explained to me by the sales representative.