I. Hook: How many of you are familiar with sign language?
II. Introductory Information: While sign language was mainly used by the people who cannot hear, it has gained traction among people who can hear in order to help the people cannot hear each other in their daily life.
III. Purpose Statement: The purpose of my speech is to inform my audience about the reason why people have to learn sign language.
IV. Preview of Main Points—Sequence of Main Points: First, I will consider sign language as a profession, next as channel of communication with the people who cannot hear, finally its cognitive benefits.
Transition from Introduction to Body: This speech shall seek to the facts behind the need to learn sign language.
I. Main Point 1: Sign language can lead a person to certain profession.
A. Teaching sign language in a community.
1) One’s profession can teach the people who cannot hear about gestures and how to use it correctly.
2) They can also teach parents of the children who cannot hear how to use simple alphabet signs to communicate with their children in order to teach them and understand each other.
B. Sign language can also be an interpreters to societies.
1) One can interpret news on TV, information online, or other social Medias by understanding the gestures, and sign language.
2) They can also interpret to the people who cannot hear each other in meetings
Transition from Main Point 1 to Main Point 2: Since sign language as a profession across various fields, it can also be the channel of communication.
II. Main Point 2: Sign language is a channel of communication.
A. In a community, the people who cannot hear use it to communicate.
1) Helps bridge the gap between the people who cannot hear and the others.
2) Helps those people who cannot hear to take care of themselves, talk to each other, and making business with one another in order to survive in a community.
B. Sign language as a channel of communication has been used in the Media for a long time.
1) It has been used in books, journals, and etc. In order to help deaf people to learn knowledge.
2) Newscasters have resorted to use sign language to reach a wider audience.
Transition from Main Point 2 to Main Point 3: Also, sign language has cognitive benefits that has great impact when normal people socialize with disable people.
III. Main Point 3: One’s cognitive ability is boosted by virtue of learning and using sign language.
A. Cognition is boosted when people using better sign language to create a connection to know the differences between deaf people.
1) Learning sign language can boost brain activity. The cognitive ability of deaf children with deaf parents compare to genetically deaf children with hearing parents are no different.
2) Knowing sign language that boosts people’s cognitive abilities when they see deaf people in different ways than the others.
B. Learning sign language lead to a cognitive advancement in hearing children.
1) Italian Sign Language (LIS) causes hearing children to improve their attentional abilities, visual discrimination, and spatial memory.
2) Throughout the report, “children who study Italian Sign Language (LIS) groups are perform better than the others.”
Transition from Main Point 3 to Conclusion: As sign language is a boost to one’s cognition, sign language is not only meant for deaf people to communicate with each other.
I. Summary Statements
a. Summarize MP 1: Sign language can be a profession.
b. Summarize MP 2: One can also communicate with the disabled easily.
c. Summarize MP 3: Learning, and understanding sign language can boost one’s cognitive ability.
II. Concluding Remarks/Strong Final Closing Thought: Through the main point 1, 2, 3, sign language is….