Skin Unknown- My last name is K so you write about Staphylococcus
The purpose of this activity is to identify one bacterial species from your skin.
Describe how you will obtain the culture from your skin, streak a plate for isolation, describe colonies, describe how the Gram stain under the microscope with the help of google images and reference materials available from the web. (1-3 paragraph)
Select your skin unknown from the the table below based on your last name, based on this organisms you will do write up in 5 columns in the next table:
Last name A to EStreptococcusLast name F to KStaphylococcusLast name I to PBacillus Species ( Not Anthrax)Last Name Q to ZMicrococcus species
Identification Table information
For each columns below:
Use this Table as a template
1.how your bacteria will look like on Blood agar plate
2.describe in detail the colony color of hemolysis. 3.Describe the Gram Stain Morphology and arrangement. 4.Name two e.gs of Genus and Species name. 5.Name of Skin disease it can cause and treatment options
You will be required to write a research paper using APA style. In addition to the following sections you will follow the guidelines set by the American Psychological Association publication manual. Your paper will consist of the following sections:
1. Title page should include:
a. Title of your paper
b. Your name
c. Instructor name
d. Name of class
e. Due date
2. Introduction: Identify a type of Congenital Disorder. (Do not select Down Syndrome as a type of Congenital Disorder). Describe your topic and why you chose this topic
3. Body: Summarize the results of the current research on your topic. Current research published within the last 7 years.
4. Conclusion: State what you learned from the material. Relate your findings to the material covered in class. Tell how the research is similar to, different from, contradictory to, or supplementary to the material covered in class and in the text.
5. Work Cited page: Reference page must have 3 reliable peer review sources. These references can come from a variety of sources including journals, e-journals, books, newspaper, etc.
**Note: In addition you will lose a maximum of 15 points for mechanics (spelling, grammar, sentence structure, form and appearance).
When writing your paper watch your verb tense. You are reporting on something you have read, so the past tense is usually most appropriate. Your paper must be typed, double-spaced, and at least 3 pages in length. (THIS DOESN’T INCLUDE YOUR COVER PAGE OR REFERENCE PAGE.) Failing to meet the minimum requirements for length will reduce your score by 10 points. You are to have a 1 inch margin on all sides. You must use a 12-pitch font.