Create a 10-slide presentation for Caterpillar Inc. leadership in which you summarize your key findings and recommendations on how best for the firm to create and sustain long-term value (make sure to support your assessments and provide rationale for your recommendations, including the use of “Speaker’s Notes” where needed).
Respond to the following prompts:
Summarize your evaluation of the alignment between what Caterpillar Inc. is currently doing and their mission, vision, or values statements. Would you propose any changes to Caterpillar Inc.’s mission, vision or values statements? Why or why not?
- Summarize your assessment of the key factors/issues in both the firm’s internal and external environments.
- Summarize your evaluation of Caterpillar Inc.’s competitive position and how they have responded to shifts in the external and internal environments. Would you propose any changes in how Caterpillar Inc. responds to shifts in the external and internal environments? Why or why not?
- Summarize your analysis of the strengths and weaknesses of Caterpillar’s competitive advantages, and whether this is leading the firm towards a sustainable long-term competitive advantage. Based on your analysis would you propose any changes? Why or why not?
- Summarize your assessment of Caterpillar’s Generic Strategy strategic choice and how well this contributes to creating long-term value. Based on your analysis would you propose any changes? Why or why not?
- Summarize your evaluation of how mergers and acquisitions in the past 5 years have contributed to Caterpillar Inc.’s performance. Would you propose that Caterpillar Inc. pursue mergers and acquisitions in the future? Why or why not?
- Summarize your assessment of Caterpillar culture and its approach to ethics and CSR. Based on your analysis would you propose any changes? Why or why not?
- Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.