The suffix –stasis means
B. stopping and controlling.
17. The outcome of delivery code should be
A. omitted from the maternal record for stillborn delivery.
B. assigned to the newborn record only.
C. assigned to both the maternal and newborn records.
D. assigned to the maternal record when a delivery occurs.
18. A patient who was involved in a motor vehicle accident is taken to the hospital by ambulance and admitted to the hospital in critical care. The physician sees the patient for 74 minutes in critical care. The physician leaves to attend to other patients in the ICU and the NICU of the same hospital. Five hours later, the physician returns to the patient and continues to treat the patient in critical care for an additional 30 minutes. The patient spends a total of 104 minutes in critical care. What codes are assigned?
A. 99292, 99292, 99293
B. 99291, 99291
C. 99291, 99292
D. 99292, 99293
19. The root word OBSTETR/O means
20. Coders can use the Microsoft Office suite to create spreadsheets in
B. Lotus 1-2-3.
21. A patient undergoes an appendectomy and later returns to the operating room for a related procedure the same day. Which modifier should be assigned to the CPT code?
22. The concept of meaningful use pertains to
A. categorization of patient information.
B. medical office protocol and document organization.
C. resource management in the inpatient setting.
D. electronic health record implementation.
23. The study of disease is called
24. Modifier -23 indicates that
A. a procedure was performed bilaterally.
B. the patient received general anesthesia for a procedure that would ordinarily be performed with local or no anesthesia.
C. a physician reviewed and interpreted a radiology procedure.
D. two surgeons performed a procedure.
25. Releasing genetic information is forbidden under the terms of HIPAA because it may
A. indicate susceptibility to a future illness, without the patient actually being diagnosed with the condition.
B. allow immediate family members to have access to a patient’s medical records.
C. not be successfully transmitted to all health care facilities.
D. require physicians to fulfill contractual obligations for treatments provided in ambulatory surgery centers.
26. Provision of security against a hurt, loss, or damage with specific cash payments is called
B. secured loss.
27. Physicians typically refer to anatomical locations using directional terms, which are often
A. used primarily by chiropractors.
B. used to describe surgical incisions.
C. referenced horizontally.
D. paired in opposites.
28. The code for an ESWL would be found in the
A. Digestive System of CPT.
B. Urinary and Male Genital Systems of CPT.
C. Chemotherapy section of HCPCS.
D. Cardiovascular System of CPT.
29. What code would be assigned for a tube pericardiostomy?
30. HCPCS modifier –E2 indicates that the patient had a surgical procedure performed on the
A. upper left eyelid.
B. upper right eyelid.
C. lower left eyelid.
D. lower right eyelid.