thresholds for evaluation (TFE’s)
For this assignment, you will complete the Chapter 8 Case: Control of “thresholds for evaluation” (TFE’s) at Hallenvale Hospital and Chapter 9 Discussion Question 7, parts b, c, and g.
Control of TFE’s at Hallenvale Hospital Case
This case requires you to assess the infection rate at the hospital and do the following:
· Calculate the average percent of infections.
· Create an appropriate control chart with upper and lower control limits, plot the data in a Control Chart (using Excel), and determine if the process is in control.
· Determine what actions management should take.
· Determine an appropriate TFE for management to use to monitor future data.
Chapter 9 Question 7
These questions require that you evaluate different approaches to improving process performance and develop a recommendation on how to proceed. The question and its parts are listed below. Identify and discuss what would be the most appropriate tool (e.g., 7 QC Tools used for kaizen or others) to use to attack each of these problems:
B. The publication team for an engineering department wants to improve the accuracy of its user documentation but is unsure of why documents are not error free.
C. A rental car agency is getting numerous complaints about the length of time that customers have to wait to obtain a car. They need to get a better handle on the factors that relate to the wait time.
G. A travel agency is interested in gaining a better understanding of how call volume varies by time of year in order to adjust staffing schedules.
In your recommendations for each scenario, examine techniques (e.g., a Six Sigma technique, “lean” strategies, etc.) to improve input and supplier quality, and incorporate a customer-focused approach to Quality Management concepts.
Each conclusion should incorporate at least one scholarly reference supporting the recommendations made. Across the three recommendations, use at least three scholarly sources in addition to the text.
The Recommendations for Improvement paper
· Must be two to four double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s APA Style (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
· Must include a separate title page with the following:
o Title of paper
o Student’s name
o Course name and number
o Instructor’s name
o Date submitted
· Must utilize academic voice.
· Must use at least three scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
· Must document any information used from sources in APA styleMust include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. resource in the Ashford Writing Center for specifications.