For this week’s assignment, you will examine the global criminal perspective of two types of transnational crimes. Chapter 2 in the text discusses domestic crime, transnational crime, and justice. Find additional credible sources to assist in your evaluation of international policing and investigative agencies’ attempts to locate and arrest individuals that are engaged in these transnational crimes.
Before you begin writing your paper, choose two types of transnational crime from the list below:
· Human trafficking
In your paper, relative to the chosen two types of transnational crime
· Describe what international policing and investigative agencies are doing well.
· Identify areas in need of improvements.
· Discuss what we as individuals can do to help with transnational crime rates.
· Identify some warning signs that these transnational crimes may be taking place around us.
· Evaluate what the United States has done to improve transnational crime rates.
· Identify which national agencies are involved in the United States’ attempt to manage transnational crime.
· Discuss each agency’s role in these efforts.
· Must be at least four double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style
· Must include a separate title page with the following:
· Must use at least three credible sources in addition to the course text.
· Must document all sources in APA style.
· Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style
Prepare:Prior to beginning work on this discussion question, read Chapters 3 and 4 in American Government.( See attached file) Watch the videos provided on federalism: Quick Study of Federalism Part 1 (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site., Quick Study of Federalism Part 2 (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site., and Quick Study of Federalism Part 3 (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. ( see attached file for videos)
Reflect:The U.S. government’s expansive role in public policy is caught in a swirl of conflicting crosscurrents. On the one hand, popular expectations about government’s responsibility to solve problems often exceed the capacity of state and local authorities to respond effectively. On the other hand, policies developed at the national level may not sufficiently reflect the great diversity of interests across the U.S. to be effective at the local level. Moreover, the search for effective policy is further complicated by theoretical debates about the constitutional framework of federalism, that is, what limits on national power can be derived from the Tenth Amendment?
Write:Select a policy or piece of legislation that directly impacts your current or future profession (i.e., your major).( I AM AN EDUCATION MAJORY)
In your initial post, identify your profession or future profession, define federalism, and then select a specific piece of legislation that will directly impact it. Discuss the federalism challenges that the policy you have selected is creating or facing. For example:
If you are an education major, how are local, state, and federal government policies affected by the Every Student Succeeds Actor some other piece of education-related legislation?
I AM AN EDUCATION MAJORY
Fully respond to all parts of the prompt and write your response in your own words. Your initial must be at least 300 words. Support your position with at least two of the assigned resources required for this discussion, and/or peer reviewed scholarly sources (see attached files) Please be sure that you demonstrate understanding of these resources, integrate them into your argument, and cite them properly in-text (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. and in a references list (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. at the end of the post.