Which of the following is a primary disadvantage of viral marketing?
Question 1 options:
1) The costs of viral marketing are too high for most companies.
2) The brand associated with the viral message is usually forgotten.
3) Marketers have little control over who receives the viral message.
4) Viral messages are less likely to be viewed than other types of online promotions.
5) Viral messages are blocked by most search engines.
In CRM, findings about customers discovered through ________ techniques often lead to marketing opportunities.
Question 2 options:
1) value marketing
2) data mining
3) test marketing
5) serial processing
It is most accurate to say that successful niche marketing relies on a firm’s ___ and its ____.
Question 3 options:
1) marketing strategy; services
2) individual relationships with customers; positioning
3) superior products; value network partners
4) greater knowledge of customers’ needs; special reputation
5) competitive advantage in comparison to mass-market companies; affordable pricing
Which of the following is true of the U.S. age demographics?
Question 4 options:
1) The Millennial generation accounts for nearly half of all the discretionary consumer spending in the U.S
2) The Generation Xers are the most educated section of the population
3) The baby boomers are the poorest segment of the population
4) The Generation Xers form the largest segment of the population
5) The Millennials are the most financially secure segment of the population
As a result of the great success of corporate chains, many independent stores chose to band together in one of two forms of contractual associations: a voluntary chain or a(n) ________.
Question 5 options:
independent off-price retailer
value retail center
Question 6 (2 points)
Companies can build customer relationships at many levels, depending on the nature of the target market. Hence, a company with few customers and high margins is most likely to seek to develop ________ with key customers.
Question 6 options:
1) full partnerships
2) basic relationships
3) selective relationships
4) categorical partnerships
5) community relationships
The Zavyr Corporation, a manufacturer of electronics products, is planning to release a new product into the market. They are hoping to tap into a new market of commercial tracking devices. The product to be released, FindIt, is unlike previous tracking devices in that it is virtually unnoticeable and cheap. But FindIt will primarily only help to find objects lost within a living space, as it has a low frequency detection range. Which of the following kinds of techniques would suit the Zavyr Corporation for advertising FindIt?
Question 7 options:
1) informative advertising
2) reminder advertising
3) classified advertising
4) comparative advertising
5) personalized advertising
A company that allows consumers to use monthly installment plans for buyers to pay for products is using the promotional tool of ________.
Question 8 options:
Reseller markets involve ________.
Question 9 options:
government agencies that buy goods and services to produce public services
individuals who buy goods and services for personal consumption
firms that buy goods and services for further processing in their production processes
firms that buy goods and services and then sell them at a profit
New-product development starts with the step of ________.
Question 10 options:
Question 11 (2 points)
In selective distribution, producers purposely limit the number of intermediaries handling their products.
Question 11 options:
Physical distribution firms that help the company stock and move goods from their points of origin to their destinations are considered to be marketing intermediaries.
Question 12 options: