On average, each American generates 4 ½ pounds of solid waste per day. Which of the following dictionary definitions is appropriate for “waste” as used in the sentence?
A. A sparsely settled or barren region
B. Refuse from places of human or animal habitation
C. To cause to shrink in physical bulk or strength
D. To spend or expend futilely
42. Which of the following is the temperature in degrees in Fahrenheit?
44. Newton’s opus, Mathematical Principles of Natural Philosophy, dramatically altered understanding of the physical world. Italics are used in the sentence above to indicate a
B. scientific name
C. point of emphasis
D. nonessential clause.
45. 1. Easy Party Dip Ingredients (makes 2 1/2 cups) 1 can (10 oz) diced tomatoes with green chilies 1 package (16 oz) processed cheese, diced Add ingredients to a medium saucepan on medium-low heat. Cook for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until cheese has melted. Serve warm with corn or tortilla chips
38. Which of the following is correct?
A. The recipe calls for 2 1/2 cups of cheese.
B. The dip must be stirred for 5 minutes
C. The dip should be cooked at medium heat for 10 minutes
D. The recipe indicates that the cheese should be diced.
May cause DROWSINESS ALCOHOL may intensity this effect. USE CARE when operating a car or dangerous machinery.
46. This label appears on a bottle of medicine. Which of the following is the logical conclusion based on
A. This medication must not be taken when one is tired.
B. Alcohol will counteract the effects of this mediation
C. Caution should be used when running hazardous equipment
D. This medication must be taken at night 30-day
Money Back Guarantee Our Groom Co. electric shavers come with a 30-day money back guarantee because we are focused on ensuring your satisfaction. The only stipulation is that you use your new exclusively for 2 weeks to become accustomed with the product. If you are not satisfied, we will refund the amount on your receipt if the product is returned within 30 days. Check processing takes 4 to 6 weeks. To receive your refund, follow these steps: Ship your product prepaid by insured mail to XXXXX MO 64110 Enclose the original sales receipt with purchase price and date of purchase circled. Enclose a copy of this statement. Enclose a letter detailing the reason you returned the product, along with the model and Include your complete name, address and daytime phone number. If you normally use a post office box, we will require your physical street address to send
The following questions are based on this promotion.
47. If the combined time it takes to ship the product and mail the check is 1 week, which amount of time between the purchase date and the date of receiving a refund check?
a. 2 weeks + 4 weeks + 1 week
b. 30 days + 4 weeks + 1 week
c. 2 weeks + 6 weeks + 1 week
d. 30 days + 6 weeks + 1 week
48. A refund for this purchase could be denied if the customer
a. failed to circle the model and serial numbers on the sale receipt.
b. used the product exclusively for 3 weeks
c. does not normally use a post office box.
d. did not include the guarantee statement when returning product.
3. Merostomata (horseshoe crabs)
4. Arachnida (spiders, mites, scorpions)
5. Pycnogonida (sea spiders)
7. Copepoda (small crustaceans)
8. Cirripedia (barnacles)
9. Malacostraca (crabs, lobsters, shrimp)
11. Insecta (insects)
12. Chilopoda (centipedes)
13. Diplopoda (millipedes)
Which of the following statements is correct based on the outline above?
A. Uniramia is a subset of Crustacea.
B. Diplopoda is a subset of Chilopoda
C. Chelicerata is more closely related to Crustacea than to Uniramia
D. Pycnogonida is more closely related to Merostomata than to Copepoda
Setting Up Your Universal Remote Control Searching For Your Device Codes
For example, to search for a code for your TV:
1. Turn on your TV.
2. On the remote control, press TV once; the button will blink once. Then press and hold SETUP until the TV key blinks twice, then release SETUP.
3. Enter 9-9-1. The TV key will blink twice.
4. Aim the remote control at the TV and slowly alternate between pressing PWR and TV. Stop when the TV turns off. NOTE: The remote control will send IR codes from its library to the selected device, starting with the most popular code.
5. Press SETUP once to lock in the code. The TV key will blink twice.
6. To search for the codes of your other devices, repeat steps 1 through 5, but substitute the appropriate key (e.g., AUX, DVD, AUD, or CBL) for the device you are searching for.
The following questions are based on the directions.
Which of the following is correct based on the directions above?
A. The code for operating a TV using this remote control is 991.
B. The code obtained for a TV will work for other devices as well.
C. When the TV turns off during step 4, the remote control has found the code.
D. During step 5, the user must press the SETUP button twice to lock in the code.
6. Which of the following correctly describes the use of a text feature in the directions?
A. Bold text is used to indicate the text on the buttons of the remote control.
B. Bold text is used to emphasize headings within the directions.
C. Italics are used to indicate an exception to the normal function of the remote control.
D. Italics are used to emphasize an important step for the user to take.